We run a preschool children’s yoga class on Friday mornings from 10.15-11am for children from 2.5 – 4.5 years. (To see our after school class for school-aged children 4 – 11 years, please click here).
Yoga helps children:
- Develop strength, co-ordination & flexibility
- Learn to find quiet
- Encourages creativity – a calm mind is a creative mind!
- Learn to listen to their bodies
- Become aware of their breath
- Builds emotional skills
- Encourages whole brain development
- Supports a child’s overall development
Yoga complements a child’s other chosen activities in sports, music and the arts by improving motor control, balance, breathing and whole-body awareness whilst stimulating creativity and encouraging emotional well-being.
- Age Group: 2.5 – 4.5 years
- Next Start Date: Friday 8 November 2019
- Class Time: 10.15-11am
- Course Duration: 6 non-consecutive Fridays – 8, 15, 29 Nov & 6, 13, 20 Dec (No class 22 Nov; Boggle Hole Yoga Weekend)
- Location: Hawtonville Children’s Centre, Bowbridge Rd, Newark NG24 4EG.
- Class Duration: Each class is 45 minutes.
- Investment in Your Child: £48 (6 sessions)
How the Classes Work:
Each week has a different theme, such as:
- In the Jungle
- Under the sea
- Yoga Mountain
The classes include:
- Sequences of movement
- Games and pair-work
- Simple breathing exercises
- Guided relaxation using meditation stories
- Relaxation techniques appropriate to the children
How to Book:
To register for the next block please :: CLICK HERE :: to fill out a registration form. We will email you confirming course details and how to pay. We normally ask payment to be made by bank transfer.
If you have done Baby Yoga, Toddler Yoga or Kids Yoga with us before with this child, you do not need to fill in another form. Simply email us on email@example.com to let us know you wish to book on.
Early booking is essential and payment must be made in advance. Please note that we cannot give credits for missed classes, as we still have to pay for the room hire.
If you have any questions, please get in touch with Katie Greeenfield on 07578 177445 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Future Dates (2019):
- Nov/Dec – 6 non-consecutive Fridays – 8, 15, 29 Nov & 6, 13, 20 Dec – £42 (No class 22 Nov; Boggle Hold Weekend) (No classes 27 Dec & 3 Jan)