Due to Coronavirus, all our classes are now running happily online!
We currently offer a morning Baby Yoga class on Fridays from 12 weeks to crawling. If your baby is over 12 months old, please see our Parent Toddler Yoga class, also on Friday mornings.
Why do Baby Yoga?
You and your baby will benefit in the following ways:
- In just one session a baby get as much physical activity as if they were carried close to a parent all day.
- Your baby’s behaviour will be more ‘settled’.
- Babies can sleep more deeply.
- It can help with colic.
- Postnatal exercise for you.
- Deep relaxation for everyone.
- Helps parents cope with the stresses of early parenting.
- Provides a daily routine of activity through which you can engage constructively with your baby from birth.
Classes are taught in 4 week rolling blocks and include:
- Gentle body strokes.
- Yoga moves adapted to babies (mini twists, mini stretches, upper and lower body movements, diagonal movements).
- These moves have been taught though generations in India for at least 2000 years.
- A blend of postnatal yoga and baby yoga for new mothers.
- Playful moves with rhymes.
- Joint parent/baby relaxation (walking relaxation, instant relaxation, relaxation to sleep, feeding relaxation)
- Transitional practices (head control, sitting, crawling, standing, early steps, first jumps and balances
- Next Start Date: Friday 12th June
- Time: 11.30am-12.30pm
- Duration: 4 consecutive Fridays – 12, 19, 26 June & 3 July
- Venue: Online using Zoom
- How does it work? You will need to download Zoom in advance to your device (It’s free). I will send you an invitation and password 1 hour before your first class. Log in is 5-10 minutes before your class begins. Online classes work best when you have a good internet connection. We can do a test run before your first class to check you are able to connect okay (it’s much simpler than you think!)
- Cost: £40, payable in advance (4 week block)
To Book on
To book, please :: CLICK HERE :: to fill out a registration form. We will email you confirming course details and how to pay. Payment is required in advance to book your place. We normally ask you to pay by bank transfer.
Early booking is essential. Please note we regret we cannot give credits for missed classes, as we run small classes where you receive lots of individual attention.
If you have any questions you would like to ask before booking on, please get in touch with Katie Greenfield on 07578 177445 or email email@example.com
Preparing for your Online Yoga Class:
- Please download Zoom to take part in our online yoga classes. Once you’ve booked on, I will send you a link and password 1 hour before class. Please follow the link 5-10 minutes prior to class. This will give time for your audio feed to start working, and to iron out any technical difficulties.
- Before class, find a quiet place. Make sure it is free from anything that will distract your baby, like toys, or will distract you (even if this means doing yoga in your bathroom!).
- If there are others at home with you, explain that they must not disturb you for an hour and that it is best if the door to the room you are using is kept closed.
- If you have an older child at home, and they need to be with you, they can do baby yoga with you. Set them up with a towel for a yoga mat and a doll to do the baby yoga moves.
- If you don’t have a yoga mat, put a big towel down on the floor. You will also need 2 blankets (one for you and one for baby) and 2 pillows (you can use ones from your bed).
- If you could have a pashmina type scarf or rebozo handy too, that would be great.
- And finally, thanks for giving it a go! It is important for us to retain our connections and nourish ourselves through community for the next period of time. Research shows that seeing the faces of your friends, teachers and family reduces stress and promotes psychological wellbeing. We can also support each other with practical tips and it helps to talk about our feelings in a safe space.
Future Block Dates
Through the coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic, we will be continuously running 4 week blocks to help those who are at home to develop a good structure and routine.
- Block 1 – 8, 15, 22, 29 May
- Block 2 – 12, 19, 26 June & 3 July
- Block 3 – tbd