We offer a Friday morning class for babies from 10 weeks to 10 months.
Why do Baby Yoga?
You and your baby will benefit in the following ways:
- In just one session a baby get as much physical activity as if they were carried close to a parent all day.
- Your baby’s behaviour will be more ‘settled’.
- Babies can sleep more deeply.
- It can help with colic.
- Postnatal exercise for you.
- Deep relaxation for everyone.
- Helps parents cope with the stresses of early parenting.
- Provides a daily routine of activity through which you can engage constructively with your baby from birth.
Classes are taught in 6 week rolling blocks and include:
- Gentle body strokes.
- Yoga moves adapted to babies (mini twists, mini stretches, upper and lower body movements, diagonal movements).
- These moves have been taught though generations in India for at least 2000 years.
- A blend of postnatal yoga and baby yoga for new mothers.
- Playful moves with rhymes.
- Joint parent/baby relaxation (walking relaxation, instant relaxation, relaxation to sleep, feeding relaxation)
- Transitional practices (head control, sitting, crawling, standing, early steps, first jumps and balances
10 Weeks – 10 Months
- Next Start Date: Friday 10th June 2022
- Time: 10am -11am
- Duration: 6 non-consecutive Fridays – 10, 24 June & 1, 15, 22, 29 July (No classes 17 June and 8 July)
- Venue: Hawtonville Chilren’s Centre, Bowbridge Rd, Newark NG24 4EG
- How does it work? Yoga mats are provided. Please arrive for class 5-10 minutes early so that you you and your baby have time to settle.
- Cost: £60 (1 baby & 1 adult), payable in advance (6 week block)
To Book on
To book, please :: CLICK HERE :: to fill out a registration form. We will email you confirming course details and how to pay. Payment is required in advance to book your place. We normally ask you to pay by bank transfer.
Early booking is essential. Please note we regret we cannot give credits for missed classes, as we run small classes where you receive lots of individual attention.
If you have any questions you would like to ask before booking on, please get in touch with Katie Greenfield on 07578 177445 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- April/May – 22, 29 April & 6, 13, 20, 27 May
- June/July – 10, 24 June & 1, 15, 22, 29 July (No class 17 June and 8 July)
- Sept/Oct – 9, 16, 23, 30 Sept & 7, 14 Oct