What are the benefits?
- Offers a continuation of baby yoga for mobile babies & toddlers (12 Months – 2.5 Years);
- Supports the transition from babyhood to independence;
- Provides a positive shared routine to carry families through what can be a challenging time as they may begin to tackle tantrums and boundary testing;
- By engaging in physical activities together, it helps parents to maintain a close bond with their growing child;
- Encourages self-expression through movement;
- Promotes strength, flexibility and balance;
- Helps children understand healthy lifestyles: there are times to be still and quiet and times to move and be active;
- Stretch, move & relax together & enjoy a yoga community
Classes are taught in 5-8 week rolling blocks and include:
- A moment of calm: 10 minutes meditation for parents at the start of class
- Toddler time: fun sequences for you and your toddler to practice together
- Yoga for parents: some classic yoga postures and sequences
- How to use yoga props e.g. stretching using ribbons, building roads with blocks to encourage balance co-ordination and teamwork, free movement using scarfs
- Relaxation: how to do relaxation-time for you and your toddler
Our classes work well because:
- Children learn in their own time
- Your children love to see you do new activities, such as meditation, as well as rolling round on the floor with them
- Playful moves with rhymes are a great way for children to learn yoga
- We keep the flow but let them go: we never force children to join in; we can help them feel the stretches but then let them go; they will come back when they’re ready!
- Children gradually memorise the sequences which internalise yoga moves
- There is a time to focus on them and a time to focus on you, and there is time for all of it in class
Please enquire for details of our next block.
How to Book:
To book, please :: CLICK HERE :: to fill out a registration form. We will email you confirming course details and how to pay, or place you on the waiting list. Payment is required in advance to book your place. We normally ask you to pay by bank transfer.
Early booking is essential. Please note we regret we cannot give credits for missed classes, as we run small classes where you receive lots of individual attention.
If you have any questions you would like to ask before booking on, please get in touch with Katie Greenfield on 07578 177445 or email email@example.com