“Sometimes we need to get out of our normal environment to reconnect with what it is we really need.”
We have wanted for some time to find a suitable venue for Women’s Yoga weekends and mid-weeks breaks. After a lot of searching, we came across Boggle Hole YHA, the iconic youth hostel near Whitby in Yorkshire, which has just received a £1.2 million revamp.
We held a women’s yoga weekend in June 2018 to test it’s potential as a yoga venue and it was brilliant!
The feedback was great and everyone booked straight on for June the following year. For the June weekends we added an extra night and morning, so each weekend will run from Friday evening to Monday morning. The April/May and October weekends run for two nights, making them more accessible.
As everyone seems to want to repeat book (84% of participants book onto another break), now the yoga breaks are up and running, people will be able to repeat book for the next year and, after paying an initial deposit, stagger payments over 9 months.
We are aiming to develop affordable and accessible women’s yoga weekends and we are confident that Boggle Hole can provide what we need. If you’re interested in coming along, our Spring and Summer 2022 weekends are fully booked, but we have spaces available in October 2022 on our Autumn yoga break in an 8-bed dorm for the taking!
What you should know
You’ll be bunking in a dorm and getting up early at 5.30am for meditation and yoga each morning.
There’ll be time free in the day, before a return to practice later in the afternoon. The venue is attractive as it offers catering (will cater for vegans, gluten free, dairy free etc) and self catering options, has wonderful shared spaces and an ambient vibe. It is usually busy, so definitely not a quiet retreat, but our therapy during the day time will be the great outdoors: it’s right on the sea (literally a stone’s throw from the front door), a short walk to Robin Hood’s bay along fossil-filled beaches, and a 6-mile drive from Whitby.
– 10 or 13 hours of yoga, meditation and nidra (depending on which yoga break you book)
– Beautiful youth hostel situated on the sea, 6 miles south of Whitby
– Recently undergone a £1.2 million revamp
– 6 spaces on each weekend £250 each (2 nights) or £350 (3 nights) in an 8-bed dorm
– Price does NOT include food.
– Beautiful bar/ cafe, good food reasonably priced (breakfast £4-6.50, evening meal £7-10)
– Caters for vegans, vegetarians, gluten free, dairy free.
– Or you can self cater and still eat together; the kitchen facilities are great
Spring Bank Holiday Yoga Weekend 2022 – FULL
- Dates: Saturday 30 April – Monday 2 May 2022 (2 nights)
- Cost: £250
- Payment: Deposit of £150 followed by a payment of £100 due 31 December 2021
Short Summer Yoga Weekend 2022 – SPACES
- Dates: 17 – 19 June 2022 (2 nights)
- Cost: £250
- Payment: Deposit of £150 followed by a payment of £100 due by 1 March 2022
Long Summer Yoga Weekend 2022 – FULL
- Dates: 8 – 11 August 2022 (3 nights)
- Cost: £350
- Payment: £150 deposit followed by 10 payments of £20 starting 1 Sept 2021 and finishing 1 June 2022
Autumn Yoga Weekend 2022 – SPACES
- Dates: Friday 7 – Sunday 9 Oct 2022 (2 nights) – Dates tbc
- Cost: £250
- Payment: Deposit of £150 followed by a payment of £100 due 1 June 2022
Repeat Bookings: Should you enjoy your yoga weekend and wish to book on for the next year, you will have preferential booking and the ability to stagger payments across 10 months.
To Book on
Please contact us if you are interested in a particular yoga break, on 07578 177445 or firstname.lastname@example.org to check there are spaces.
- In the event that I can’t run the weekend, for example due to illness, you would get a full refund.
- In the event that you pay a deposit and then realise you can’t come, you would forfeit the deposit unless someone else booked and paid for your place, in which case I would endeavour to return your deposit in full.
- In the event that you book on and pay in full and cannot come for example due to illness or family circumstances, I would not be able to give you a refund unless someone booked and paid for your place. If they did I would endeavour to give you a full refund.
– Boggle Hole YHA: https://www.yha.org.uk/hostel/boggle-hole
– Robin Hood’s Bay: https://www.robin-hoods-bay.co.uk/
– Samye Centre: Yoga for Women: https://www.samyecentre.com/