We run an online after school children’s yoga class on Thursdays for primary school aged children and their parent(s)/carer(s). It is a family atmosphere where adults join in with the children and older children interact with younger ones.
Why do Children’s Yoga?
Yoga helps children:
- Develop strength, co-ordination & flexibility
- Learn to find quiet
- Encourages creativity – a calm mind is a creative mind!
- Learn to listen to their bodies
- Become aware of their breath
- Builds emotional skills
- Encourages whole brain development
- Supports a child’s overall development
Yoga complements a child’s other chosen activities in sports, music and the arts by improving motor control, balance, breathing and whole-body awareness whilst stimulating creativity and encouraging emotional well-being.
- Age Group: 4 – 11 years
- Next Start Date: Thursday 10th September 2020
- Class Time: 5 – 6 pm
- Course Duration: 4 consecutive weeks: 10, 17, 24 Sept & 1, 8, 15 Oct
- Venue: Online using Zoom
- How does it work? You will need to download Zoom in advance to your device (It’s free). I will send you an invitation and password 1 hour before your first class. Log in is 5-10 minutes before your class begins. Online classes work best when you have a good internet connection. We can do a test run before your first class to check you are able to connect okay (it’s much simpler than you think!)
- Cost: £40 (1 child & 1 adult) / £50 (2 children & 1 adult), payable in advance (4 week block)
How the Classes Work:
Classes will follow sequences of movement incorporating classical yoga moves (asana) as well as:
- Games, yoga stories and pair-work
- Simple breathing exercises (pranayama)
- Guided relaxation
- Yoga Nidra techniques appropriate to children
We will build up to doing a long Yoga Nidra (about 12 minutes) at the end of each class.
If you do not have a yoga mat at home, please use a large towel to create a space to do your yoga practice.
How to Book:
To register for the next block please :: CLICK HERE :: to fill out a registration form. We will email you confirming course details and how to pay. We normally ask payment to be made by bank transfer.
If you have done yoga with us, you do not need to fill in another form. Simply email us on firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you wish to book on.
Early booking is essential and payment must be made in advance. Please note that we cannot give credits for missed classes.
If you have any questions, please get in touch with Katie Greenfield on 07578 177445 or email email@example.com
Through the coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic, we will be continuously running blocks to help those who are at home to develop a good structure and routine to their week.
- July – 9, 16, 23, 30 July
- August – NO CLASSES
- September/October – 10, 17, 24 Sept & 1, 8, 15 Oct
- November/December – 5, 12, 19, 26 Nov & 3, 10 Dec