We run an after school children’s yoga class on Tuesdays for children from 5 to 13 years old and their parent(s)/carer(s). It is a family atmosphere where adults join in with the children and older children interact with younger ones.
Why do Children’s Yoga?
Yoga helps children:
- Develop strength, co-ordination & flexibility
- Learn to find quiet
- Encourages creativity – a calm mind is a creative mind!
- Learn to listen to their bodies
- Become aware of their breath
- Builds emotional skills
- Encourages whole brain development
- Supports a child’s overall development
Yoga complements a child’s other chosen activities in sports, music and the arts by improving motor control, balance, breathing and whole-body awareness whilst stimulating creativity and encouraging emotional well-being.
- Age Group: 5 – 13 years
- Next Start Date: Tuesday 6th Sept 2022
- Class Time: 5.15 – 6.15 pm
- Course Duration: 7 consecutive weeks: 6, 13, 20, 27 Sept & 4, 11 Oct
- Venue: Congregational Church Hall, Hatton Gdns, Newark NG24 1TH
- How does it work? You will need to bring your own yoga mats. Aim to arrive 5 minutes early so that you have chance to settle.
- Cost: £60 (1 child & 1 adult), payable in advance (6 week block)
How the Classes Work:
Classes will follow sequences of movement incorporating classical yoga moves (asana) as well as:
- Games, yoga stories and pair-work
- Simple breathing exercises (pranayama)
- Guided relaxation
- Yoga Nidra techniques appropriate to children
We will build up to doing a long Yoga Nidra (about 12 minutes) at the end of each class.
If you do not have a yoga mat at home, please use a large towel to create a space to do your yoga practice.
How to Book:
To register for the next block please :: CLICK HERE :: to fill out a registration form. We will email you confirming course details and how to pay. We normally ask payment to be made by bank transfer.
If you have done yoga with us, you do not need to fill in another form. Simply email us on email@example.com to let us know you wish to book on.
Early booking is essential and payment must be made in advance. Please note that we cannot give credits for missed classes.
If you have any questions, please get in touch with Katie Greenfield on 07578 177445 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sept/Oct: 6, 13, 20, 27 Sept & 4, 11 Oct 2022
- Nov/Dec: 1, 8, 22, 29 Nov & 6, 13 Dec 2022