We run a children’s yoga class on Thursdays after school from 5-6pm for primary school aged children AND their parent(s)/carer(s). It is a family atmosphere where adults join in with the children and older children interact with younger ones.
Yoga helps children:
- Develop strength, co-ordination & flexibility
- Learn to find quiet
- Encourages creativity – a calm mind is a creative mind!
- Learn to listen to their bodies
- Become aware of their breath
- Builds emotional skills
- Encourages whole brain development
- Supports a child’s overall development
Yoga complements a child’s other chosen activities in sports, music and the arts by improving motor control, balance, breathing and whole-body awareness whilst stimulating creativity and encouraging emotional well-being.
AUTUMN BLOCK: *FULL – WAITING LIST*
- Age Group: 4 – 11 years
- Next Start Date: Thursday 9 January 2020
- Class Time: 5 – 6 pm
- Course Duration: 5 consecutive Thursdays – 9, 16, 23, 30 Jan & 6 Feb (No class 13 & 20 Feb)
- Location: Congregational Church Hall, Hatton Gdns, Newark NG24 1TH
- Class Duration: Each class is 1 hour
- Cost: £40 for 1 child, £60 for 2 children (5 sessions)
How the Classes Work:
Classes will follow sequences of movement incorporating classical yoga moves (asana) as well as:
- Games, yoga stories and pair-work
- Simple breathing exercises (pranayama)
- Guided relaxation
- Yoga Nidra techniques appropriate to children
We will build up to doing a long Yoga Nidra (about 12 minutes) at the end of each class.
How to Book:
To register for the next block please :: CLICK HERE :: to fill out a registration form. We will email you confirming course details and how to pay. We normally ask payment to be made by bank transfer.
If you have done Baby Yoga, Toddler Yoga or Kids Yoga with us before with this child, you do not need to fill in another form. Simply email us on email@example.com to let us know you wish to book on.
Early booking is essential and payment must be made in advance. Please note that we cannot give credits for missed classes, as we still have to pay for the room hire.
To begin with I will bring children’s size yoga mats to class. In the longer term, the children and you will need to bring your own yoga mats. It is much more hygienic to use your own yoga mats. It also encourages children to make their own space to do yoga at home, and creates a ritual where they look after their mat and get it ready to come to class.
If you have any questions, please get in touch with Katie Greeenfield on 07578 177445 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nov/Dec – 5 consecutive Thursdays – 7, 14, 21, 28 Nov & 5 Dec – (No classes 12, 19, 26 Dec & 2 Jan)
- Jan/Feb – 5 consecutive Thursdays – 9, 16, 23, 30 Jan & 6 Feb (No classes 13 & 20 Feb)