The purpose of this statement is to give you an outline of how we obtain your personal information and how it is used by Samye Centre. Please be assured that we take the issue of the privacy of your personal information very seriously and consequently we will only use your data for legitimate business purposes.
Accessing this website
When accessing this website, the Samye Centre will learn certain information about you during your visit. How we will handle information we learn about you depends upon what you do when visiting our site.
If you visit our site to read or download information on our pages, we collect and store only the following information about you:
- The name of the domain from which you access the Internet
- The date and time you access our site
- The Internet address of the website you used to link directly to our site.
The information collected is for statistical purposes. The Samye Centre may use software programs to create summary statistics, which are used for such purposes as assessing the number of visitors to the different sections of our site, what information is of most and least interest, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas.
For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, the Samye Centre uses software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
The Samye Centre will not obtain personally-identifying information about you when you visit our site, unless you choose to provide such information to us, nor will such information be sold or otherwise transferred to unaffiliated third parties without the approval of the user at the time of collection.
As a rule, cookies will make your browsing experience better. However, you may prefer to disable cookies on this site and on others. The most effective way to do this is to disable cookies in your browser. We suggest consulting the Help section of your browser or taking a look at the About Cookies website which offers guidance for all modern browsers.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Making contact with us
By filling in an online health registration form, by subscribing to our mailing list or by submitting enquiries to Samye Centre you are agreeing to the use of your personal information.
Submitting enquiries by email, contact form or text
If you identify yourself by sending us an e-mail or text containing personal information, then the information collected will be solely used to respond to your message.
Subscribing to our newsletter
If you subscribe to our newsletter, either via the front page of our website, or by selecting this as a choice when you fill in an online health registration form, your email address and name will be added to our newsletter database. You can unsubscribe from this list at any time by clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of any of our newsletters or by emailing us at: email@example.com and asking for your details to be removed from the database.
Online health registration forms
In order to register for one of our yoga classes, you need to fill in an online health registration form. Once submitted the contents of the form, which may include sensitive personal data are stored by us electronically for 6 years after the date of the last class we teach to you or your child. Your form will then be deleted. If following this, you wish to rejoin one of our yoga classes, you will need to re-register with us.
How we use your personal information
It is our policy that any information which you provide to us or that we obtain in the course of our dealings with you may only be used for the following purposes:
– to fulfil our agreement with you, including obtaining payment;
– to ensure our classes are safe for you and/or your child (we need to be aware of any health issues which may limit you or your child’s ability to take part in class);
– to ensure we have obtained your written consent for physically re-positioning you and/or your child, should it become necessary to do so, for example, to avoid injury in class;
– to ensure we have obtained a written disclaimer from you, acknowledging that in any yoga class there is a small risk of physical injury, and that you accept the risk of this;
– to enable us to send you reminders at the beginning of blocks of classes/ workshops / events you have booked onto, should you choose this option when you register for your class;
– to enable us to email you an invitation to the Women’s Yoga Support Group (Samye Centre), should you choose this option when you register for your class;
– to inform you (by e-mail, text message or otherwise) about rolling blocks of yoga classes you are already booked onto, and other yoga classes workshops and retreats we run which we consider may be of interest to you;
– to fulfil our legal obligations in relation to financial record-keeping;
– in exceptional circumstances for fraud prevention and detection.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
– If you register for a class by filling in an online health registration form, look for the drop down list at the end of the form and select the choice that says you do not wish to receive newsletters from us
– If you have previously opted to receive newsletters from us, you may change your mind at any time by clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of any newsletter, or by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Samye Centre will never sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or it is required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email: email@example.com or write to: Samye Centre, 63 Lime Grove, Newark, NG24 4AQ.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.