“Sometimes we need to get out of our normal environment to reconnect with what it is we really need.”
We have wanted for some time to find a suitable venue for Women’s Yoga weekends away. After a lot of searching, we came across Boggle Hole YHA, the iconic youth hostel near Whitby in Yorkshire, which has just received a £1.2 million revamp.
We held a women’s youth hostelling & yoga weekend in June 2018 to test it’s potential as a yoga venue and it was brilliant!
The feedback was great and everyone booked straight on for June the following year. For the June weekends we’ve now added an extra night and morning, so each weekend will run from Friday evening to Monday morning. The November and March weekends will run for two nights, from Friday evening to Sunday afternoon, making them more accessible. As everyone seems to want to repeat book (84% of participants book onto another weekend), now the yoga weekends are up and running, people will be able to repeat book for the next year and stagger payments over 9 months.
We are aiming to develop affordable and accessible women’s yoga weekends and we are confident that Boggle Hole can provide what we need. If you’re interested in coming along, our Spring and Summer 2020 weekends are fully booked, but we have spaces available on our Autumn 2020 weekend in an 8-bed dorm for the taking!
What you should know
You’ll be bunking in a dorm and getting up early at 5.30am for meditation and yoga each morning.
There’ll be time free in the day, before a return to practice later in the afternoon. The venue is attractive as it offers catering (will cater for vegans, gluten free, dairy free etc) and self catering options, has wonderful shared spaces and an ambient vibe. It is usually very busy, so definitely not a quiet retreat, but our therapy during the day time will be the great outdoors: it’s right on the sea (literally a stone’s throw from the front door), a short walk to Robin Hood’s bay along fossil-filled beaches, and a 6-mile drive from Whitby.
– 10 hours of yoga and meditation from Friday evening to Sunday afternoon (2 nights) or 13 hours from Friday evening to Monday morning (3 nights)
– Beautiful youth hostel situated on the sea, 6 miles south of Whitby
– Recently undergone a £1.2 million revamp
– 6 spaces on each weekend £235 each (2 nights) or £315 (3 nights) in an 8-bed dorm
– Price does NOT include food.
– Beautiful bar/ cafe, good food reasonably priced (breakfast £6.50, evening meal £10 for 2 courses, many different lunch options £5-10)
– Caters for vegans, vegetarians, gluten free, dairy free.
– Or you can self cater and still eat together; the kitchen facilities are great
– Opportunity to book treatments onsite: Swedish massage, aromatherapy massage, reflexology, Indian Head Massage and Reiki, with a qualified holistic therapist, for extra (and very reasonable) cost.
Spring 2020 – FULL
- Dates: Friday 6 – Sunday 8 March 2020 (2 nights)
- Cost: £235
- Payment: Deposit of £135 followed by a final instalment of £100 by 1 Jan 2020
Summer 2020 – FULL
- Dates: Friday 12 – Monday 15 June 2020 (3 nights)
- Cost: £315
- Payment: £135 deposit followed by 3 payments of £60 on 1 Sept, 1 Dec & 1 March or 9 payments of £20 starting 1 Sept 2019 and finishing 1 May 2020
Autumn 2020 – Spaces
- Dates: Friday 25 – Sunday 27 Sept 2020 (2 nights)
- Cost: £235
- Payment: Deposit of £135 followed by 5 payments of £20 starting 1 March 2020 and finishing 1 July 2020 or 1 payment of £100 by 1 June 2020
Repeat Bookings: Should you enjoy your yoga weekend and wish to book on for the next year, you will have preferential booking and the ability to stagger payments across 9 months.
To Book on
It is advisable to contact Katie directly before booking to check whether spaces are available. email: email@example.com text: 07578 177445. I will then email you details of how to pay via bank transfer, and a link to an online health form to fill in.
- In the event that I can’t run the weekend, for example due to illness, you would get a full refund.
- In the event that you pay a deposit and then realise you can’t come, you would forfeit the deposit unless someone else booked and paid for your place, in which case I would endeavour to return your deposit in full.
- In the event that you book on and pay in full and cannot come for example due to illness or family circumstances, I would not be able to give you a refund unless someone booked and paid for your place. If they did I would endeavour to give you a full refund.
If you have any questions you would like to ask before booking on, please get in touch with Katie Greenfield on 07578 177445 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
– Boggle Hole YHA: https://www.yha.org.uk/hostel/boggle-hole
– Robin Hood’s Bay: https://www.robin-hoods-bay.co.uk/
– Samye Centre: Yoga for Women: https://www.samyecentre.com/